Winchester and District Beekeepers’ Association (WDBKA) exists to promote the craft of beekeeping and increase public awareness of bees and their contribution to the ecology around the geographic region of Winchester, Hampshire. We currently have about one hundred members.
Whether you are an experienced beekeeper, new beekeeper or just thinking about keeping bees, you are most welcome at the WDBKA. We cover a wide catchment area, including Alresford, Bramdean, Hursley, Itchen Abbas, Owslebury, Ropley, Sparsholt, Twyford, Chandlers Ford and Winchester.
We work closely with the Defra National Bee Unit Regional Inspectors in the diagnosis of bee diseases. For our members, we also publish a monthly newsletter, and circulate Hampshire and national bee related news as well as information from Defra.
To enquire about membership please see our Membership page.
- learning new skills and improving knowledge of beekeeping through meetings and apiary visits
- socialising with a group of people with similar interests at group held events throughout the year
- membership of the county and national beekeeping associations, including public liability cover and optional disease insurance cover for their beekeeping activities
- access to association resources, including an out apiary and equipment
- a monthly newsletter covering the activities of the association, hints and tips, and free small ads.